VII. Do Not Track
XIV. Contact Us
I. Information Collected
Information You Provide to Us. When you use our Websites, such as when you submit an information request about the Destination, or participate in one of our promotions, or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists, or our service providers (acting on our behalf), collect “personal information” (which is information that on its own or when combined with other information, can be used to identify you) that you provide to us, such as your first and last name, email address, telephone number(s), postal address. We also collect more specific information that you provide, like travel behavior and lifestyle. Some of this more specific information is collected on our Websites, and some is collected from sources like business reply cards that are bound into various trade publications, and marketing partner data forms.
Information Collected Automatically. When you use the Websites, we or our service providers, will also collect information about your use of the Websites and the device you use to access the Websites (e.g., your computer, tablet, phone, etc.) such as your IP address and country location, browser information (including browser type, capabilities, and language), operating system, the date and time you accessed the Websites, and Websites usage information, including the paths taken as you move from one webpage to another webpage (i.e., your “click stream” activity).
Information from third Parties. We also receive data from outside sources, and we combine this information with other information about you to facilitate more relevant, targeted communications as well as develop products and services that better suit our customers’ needs.
II. Our Legal Basis for Using Your Information
If you are accessing our Websites in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), then applicable law requires us to ensure that we only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. We will only process your personal information where at least one of the following applies:
- If it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to use your personal information. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information to improve our Websites, and to share your personal information with third parties who provide services to us relating to our Websites. If you would like further information about how we decide when a particular use is in our legitimate interests, you may contact us using the contact details set out below.
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under a contract we have with you (including, for example, fulfilling your travel-related orders).
- Sometimes we may ask for your consent to use certain types of personal information (e.g., by asking you to tick an online box). In these circumstances, your consent will be our legal basis for processing your personal information. If you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time. You may do this by “opting out” where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details below.
IV. How We Use Your InformationWe (and our service providers) will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide the features and functionality of the Websites to you.
- To identify you as the sender of, and to process, your emails.
- To respond to questions and comments.
- To improve, enhance, and tailor the Websites for you (for example by providing content or features that match your interests), and to improve and enhance the overall experience for all users of the Websites.
- To send you emails or postal mail about special offers or promotions, if you have consented to this.
- To introduce you to additional value-added services offered by our partners that we feel may be of interest to you, if you have consented to this.
- We may anonymize your information (for example by aggregating it with other individuals’ personal information so that it no longer identifies you) and use it for other purposes in anonymized form.
V. How We Share Your InformationWe will share your personal information for the following purposes:
- Business transfers: If a third party acquires all or substantially all of our assets, your personal information, and any other information that we have collected in connection with the Websites, will be transferred to such third party as part of our business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information will be considered part of our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Service providers: We use third parties to perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, email marketing, analytics, promotions, and customer service. These service providers will access your personal information as necessary for them to perform their duties. For example, we will share bank details and payment card information with payment processors when you provide a payment card in connection with a purchase.
VI. MinorsThe Websites are intended for use only by persons who are at least 18 years of age. Accordingly, we do not and will not knowingly collect personal information from anyone whom we know to be under 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use the Websites unless your parent or guardian has provided us with their consent for your use of these Websites.
VII. Do Not TrackWe do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
VIII. Transfers and Storage of InformationIf you reside in a country other than the United States of America, you should be aware that the data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored in the United States The laws of the United States may not protect the privacy of your information at the same level as provided by the laws of your country. In an effort to safeguard individual privacy, we will only transfer personal information from the EEA to the United States if one of the following applies: we have entered into an agreement using standard contract clauses (approved by the European Commission or a data protection authority) with our service provider or Affiliate regarding the transfer; the service provider that transfers the data is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework; or you give your express consent to the transfer. If you have any questions about our transfer of personal information to the United States, or would like further information, please contact us using the details below.
IX. Your Rights Regarding Your InformationIf you are in the EEA, you have certain additional rights in relation to your personal information. If you would like further information in relation to these or would like to exercise them, please contact us using the contact details below at any time. You have the right to request that we:
- provide access to any personal information we hold about you;
- update any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any personal information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- prevent the processing of your personal information for direct-marketing purposes;
- provide your personal information to a third party provider of services;
- provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you; or
- consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances. If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
You may ask us to stop using your personal information for advertising or marketing purposes at any time. If you wish to do this, please follow the removal instructions in any communication you receive, or contact us using the information below.
X. Data RetentionWe will generally store information associated with your account until it is no longer necessary to provide services to you, until you ask us to delete it, or until your account is deleted, whichever comes first; but there are some exceptions to this general rule. We will retain information from deleted accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our agreements, and take other actions permitted by law. For more information, contact us using the details below.
XII. SecurityWe will take reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all personal information provided to these Websites. However, please note that we cannot guarantee that any information transmitted through the Internet or stored on our system or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from prohibited intrusion by others. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after the transmission or storage of your personal information.
XIV. Contact UsIf you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us using the following details: Email: [email protected]
Post: PHG Consulting
c/o Preferred Hotel Group, Inc.
311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 1900
Chicago, Illinois 60606 USA
In addition, if you are in the EEA and you have any complaints about how we use your Personal Information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached. A list of data protection authorities is available here.
Effective Date: May 24, 2018
Featured Tour Packages
One-Day : Private Trip of Suzhou Humble Administrator's Garden, Tiger Hill and Master of Nets Garden from Shanghai
Spend the day visiting the Humble Administrator's Garden, Tiger Hill, and the Garden of the Masters of Nets. The Humble Administrator's Garden is the largest and most renowned garden in the city. Climbing Tiger Hill find a number of historical sites, some of which can be traced back over 2500 years to the founding of Suzhou. The Garden of the Masters of Nets is the smallest of the gardens, impressive because of its use of space. Private guide for a more personalized experience.
14-Days : Picturesque China
Day 11 - 12 : The water village known to the Chinese as “Venice of the East” - an inspirational hub for many poets and artists alike, the old sections of Suzhou was made the UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997 - a priceless piece of history frozen in time for all to enjoy.
9 Night: Uncover Chinese Culture Through Expansive Artistic Venues
China’s mystical heritage is transposed into handcrafted sculptures, digital masterpieces, graphic design and aesthetic paintings – resulting in unrivaled creations. Amid the 1.3 billion people, you will encounter quiet spaces brimming with carefully constructed artwork throughout all four stops of your adventure across China. In Beijing, you will find a synchronized balance between hushed viewings and popular, must-see attractions; in Suzhou, you will be enveloped by breathtaking scenery, which is highlighted by lush garden beds and the stream stretching through middle of the city; in Shenzhen – the urban hub for shoppers and extravagant restaurants – you will be enraptured by its futuristic modern style and architecture; and in Taipei you will find that its contemporary, yet peculiar interpretations will perfectly tie together your exploration through China’s finest artistic venues.
Humble Administrator’s Garden is one of China’s finest, the centerpiece of a UNESCO World Heritage Site that comprises nine classical Suzhou gardens. Visitors during spring and summer may attend the azalea or lotus festival. Adjacent, the Suzhou Museum is the latest masterpiece of China’s most famous architect, I.M. Pei. For transportation, take tourist buses No.1, 2 or 5.
Traveling with children? Don't miss the Suzhou Amusement Park at Junji Lake with zipline ride, a dancing water fountain show on weekends and one of the world's tallest Ferris Wheels. The 60 cabins carrying a total of 300 passengers take 20 minutes per rotation, providing great views of the lake and the Suzhou skyline.
Currency in Suzhou, and throughout China, is abbreviated as CNY for Chinese Yen or as RMB for Renminbi. Along with 13 other major currencies, US dollars can be exchanged at all the outlets of the state banks of China at the same rate. Bring a passport to make any transaction.
Known as the "Silk Capital of the World", those keen to see silkworms in action can be guided through the process from mulberry leaves to finished product at Suzhou No. 1 Silk Mill. The region's temperate, subtropical zone that's ideal for deciduous mulberry trees has supported 5,000 years of silk cultivation.
Picturesque canals, stone bridges, temples, gardens and pagodas make the ancient city of Suzhou one of China's top tourism destinations. Calligraphy carved onto Tiger Hill rocks indicate that it has attracted visitors for thousands of years. A Song Dynasty poet, Su Shi, said, "It is a lifelong pity if having visited Suzhou you did not visit Tiger Hill."
In Suzhou, the regional Chinese language is called Wu, the subgroup is called Taihu, and the local dialect, one of nine, is known as Suzhounese, considered one of the most elegant, flowing in all of China. Most people are bilingual in Mandarin used in schools, because Suzhounese is not mutually intelligible with either Mandarin or Cantonese.
Atop Tiger Hill, the Yunyan Pagoda, nicknamed the Leaning Tower of China, stands as a symbol of Suzhou. Completed during the Song Dynasty in the year 961, the 1,000-year-old pagoda is taller than the Leaning Tower of Pisa and has become a symbol of Suzhou. The 3-degree tilt means that since 2010, visitors are no longer permitted entry.
Visit an authentic Buddhist monastery and temple just 3 miles west Suzhou old town. The temple has been well-known since the Tang Dynasty of the 7th and 8th centuries. Take bus No. 3, 6, 9, 17, 21, 31, 301 or Y3 and get off at Fengqaio Station.
Suzhou Railway Station, one of China's busiest, dates back to 1906. Now throughly modernized, the fast train connection with a design speed of 217 miles per hour covers the 52 miles to Shanghai in a journey of only a 24 minutes.
One of the best ways to tour the "Venice of the East" is from a front row seat on a hand-steered canal boat. Afterwards, stop into 130-year-old Pin Von Teahouse for exotic teas served in private booths on the second floor. It overlooks Pingjiang Lu, an 800-year-old lively pedestrian street, one of China's "National Historic and Cultural Streets."